Skip to Questions

Library FAQs - Your one stop for all answers on NUS Libraries and services! New? Start here

Useful Tip: You can also try searching library guides for research or detailed help.

How do I place my recommended readings (book chapters/articles) in IVLE E-reserves?

Last Updated: Aug 01, 2014  |  1035 Views
Topics: E-Reserves

Was this helpful? 0   0


Flowchart on submitting readings

Step 1.

You must first publish your module page in IVLE before the library can create the E-Reserves for your module.

Ensure that the reading materials are covered under Copyright Licensing & Administration Society of Singapore (CLASS). Here are the list of publishers that entitled to receive royalty payment from CLASS:

Step 2.

Submit (in person or by email) your reading list to the respective Library that serves your faculty. Please provide as much details of the readings (e.g. chapter/article title with book/journal title, ISBN/ISSN, URL/DOI, etc.) to facilitate and speed up processing.


If a reading is accessible from E-Resources, the library staff will insert the hyperlinks in your module’s E-Reserves folder in IVLE. You are not required to fill in the copyright declaration (S52) form for such readings as NUS Libraries has purchased licenses for electronic access.


If a reading is not found in any E-Resources, the library staff will inform you. At this point, you can decide to proceed to Step 3 or recommend the printed book (containing the said reading) as an RBR item.


Step 3:
In compliance with the Copyright Act, Section 52, you must fill in a copyright declaration (S52) form for each reading before the respective Library can proceed. NUS Libraries reserve the right to reject requests which do not comply with copyright restrictions.

  1. Access the form online at the Copyright Declaration System at:
  2. Submit a copy of the readings to the respective Library with the date declaration stamp on the first page of each reading. Example of stamp:


We highly recommend that the readings are in PDF. If you only have them in hardcopy, send them to the respective Library and we will scan and convert them into PDF before uploading to IVLE.

Important Note
1. Staff must keep the original copy of the S52 form in their department. For legal purposes, the S52 copy submitted to the Library is considered only as a recommendation form.
2. Staff must first publish your module page in IVLE before library can create the E-Reserves for your module.

Answered by Andy Quek Bookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Live Chat

    For members of NUS Libraries only
    Services hours
    Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm

    JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

    Chat box too narrow? Click on the green arrow button on right to "pop up" the chat for an adjustable window at any time before or during chat!

    More ways to ask questions

    Browse by Popular Topics

    360link  –  Acquisitions  –  Bookdrops  –  Business  –  Chinese  –  Citation Analysis  –  Citation Manager  –  Closed Stacks  –  Datasets  –  Data sets  –  Discussion rooms  –  Document Delivery  –  E-Books  –  E-Reserves  –  Electronic resources  –  EndNote  –  Evernote  –  Exam papers  –  Facilities  –  FindMore@NUSL  –  Fines  –  Freshman  –  Holds  –  Law  –  LINC+  –  Loans  –  Media Materials  –  Medical  –  Membership  –  Misc  –  Mobile Apps  –  Music  –  Open access  –  Password  –  Patents  –  Printing  –  RBR  –  Renewals  –  Resources  –  ScholarBank@NUS  –  Science  –  Theses  –  tochange  
    View All Topics

    Related content from LibGuides