What is a RBR book or material? Where can I find books, textbooks recommended by lecturers?
Lecturers generally place copies of high demand library books in the Reserve Books / Readings Collection (RBR). RBR can generally be requested in person over the loans desk of the respective libraries. Such items can generally be borrowed on a first come first served basis at the loans desk of the appropriate library for a short period of 2 hours.
This may be known in other libraries has "redspot" or "on reserve"
RBR items can be brought out of the library as long as they are returned to the appropriate place within the time period specified. They can be photocopied etc as long as you adhere to the Singapore Copyright Law.
- CL RBR (Loans Desk 1) - RBR at Central Library
- HSSML RBR (Loans Desk) - RBR at Business Library
- SC RBR (Loans Desk) - RBR at Science Library
- MD RBR (Loans Desk) - RBR at Medical Library
- LW RBR (Loans Desk) - RBR at Law Library
- MU RBR (Loans Desk) - RBR at Music Library
The video below shows you how and where to collect RBR items in NUS Central Library (CL RBR), for other libraries please approach the loans desk with the call number.