How do I get impact factors for journals?
You can get impact factors for specific individual journal titles or for various journal titles in a particular subject category by accessing the Journal Citation Reports (JCR) database on the ISI Web of Knowledge platform. Do note that each JCR edition for a year is released in the following year in roughly June or July.
For example JCR 2012 was released in June 2013 and JCR 2013 is expected be released in June/July 2014.
1. Access Journal Citation Reports
2. Select either JCR Science Edition or JCR Social Science Edition and the year.
3. You can choose to browse by Subject Category or Search for a specific journal.
4. If you are looking for the ranking of the journal by impact factor in it the subject categories (e.g 70/120) the journal is given, search for the specific journal title then click in on the title.
5. Then in the next screen select
Not all journals have a Impact factor. See journal selection process by Thompson Reuters
You can also try Scopus's Journal Analyzer (click on the Analytics button on the top row of buttons after login) which lists various other journal metrics like SNIP and SJR . Please note though similar in objective these metrics are not directly comparable with ISI's impact factor.