How do I use 360 Link?
Clicking the 360 Link button
Please note that you are not guaranteed to be able to access full text or even print versions of every item you see in most databases (e,g Web of Science, Scopus etc) as the Find it! @NUS Libraries button is merely an attempt to look for the article and not a guarantee. (The only exceptions are Google Scholar and Pubmed, where the presence of Find it! @ NUS Libraries next to items indicates we should have a online copy).
What happens next depends on whether 360 Link is able to find an online source of full text.
360 Link is unable to find a online source for full text
Sometimes 360 Link is unable to detect any full-text. You may want to try to search for print copies via the Search Catalog, or click on Search Google Scholar to search for free copies.
Click on Need help? Ask us! for enquires.
360 Link finds full text
Another possibility is that 360 Link is able to find full text. This normally loads an article or sends you to the landing paper of the article.
Occasionally though, it may be unable to bring you directly to the full text but only to volume or issue level or may even totally fail. See below for an example.
If so, click on the green Findit@nuslibraries on the right.
1. If possible click on the "Try a Different Source" dropdown bar. This should bring you to the article page. This should almost always get you the full text or at least the journal vol or issue page, and you can browse further to the article.
2. Sometimes there may be a "Browse Journal" or "Browse Issue" link. If so click on that, it will bring you to the online journal page but not directly to the article , you will have to browse or search for the specific article to find it.
3. Lastly click on the "By ISSN" , "By ISBN" or "By Title" (if it exists) . This may allow you to find print copies of the journal or book, or in rare cases online versions. This may not get you the full text.
4. Lastly Click on "Search Google Scholar", you may be able to find a free online version. This will may not get you the full text.
5. If none of these options work, check on report a problem.