Why use FindMore@NUSL?
FindMore@NUSL marries the simplicity, ease of use and speed of a Google search with the quality and reliability of library databases. As of 15 May 2015, version 2 of FindMore@NUSL is soft-launched.
Whether you need a research article, a dissertation, or a medical case study or just a ordinary print book, FindMore@NUSL can usually find it without requiring you to decide in advance which database or source to search in.
Though not 100% comprehensive, this is to-date the largest single one search of items you can access as a staff or student of NUS.
Some key features
- Search over 300 million items (May 2014 without login before searching) , including items in the traditional library catalogue, journal articles (including free and open access sources), newspaper articles, theses and dissertations (including those from ScholarBank@NUS) and more.
- Finds more by matching on full-text of selected books and journal articles, even print books!
- Single click-through to full-text articles or ebooks
- Refine your search to only Items with full text online or limit to articles in peer reviewed publications only.
- Search for specific content types (e.g books/ebooks, journal articles, newspaper articles, theses, book reviews, conference proceeding etc) only or exclude them.
- Refine by 59 standard disciplines or by more granular subject terms
- Ability to save citations in APA, AMA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago styles and email them to yourself or to import into EndNote.
- Other features including autocomplete, Did you mean suggestions, mobile responsive design etc