How do I borrow materials from the Self Service Media Collection at Central Library?
NUS staff and students will have to follow the procedure below to access the Self Service Media Collection at Central Libary :
1. Check the LINC+/LINC/FindMore@NUSL catalogue to find the Stack Number for the media item you are looking for.
2. Locate the self-service Self Service Media Collection by Loans Desk 1 (It's next to the RBR Collection). Leave your personal belongings in the locker and use the attached key to lock it before you proceed into the area.
3. Look for the item that you wish to loan in the Self Service Media Collection by Stack Number.
Media items without any labels are documentaries. Yellow labels denote that these media items are movies. Blue labels denote course-related media items. Some of these blue-labelled media items may be classified according the rating system defined by the Media Development Authority (MDA) and are strictly for course use only. Students will have to fill in a blue slip with the Module/Course Code (ask from staff at the desk) when presenting the item for loan.
4. Take the item to the RBR Loans Desk. Queue to checkout the item.
5. The loan period is for 4 hours.
6. Proceed to view the item in the Multimedia Viewing Section next to the collection. (You cannot bring it out of that area)
7. Return the item at the RBR Loans Desk.
8. Return locker key at the RBR Loans Desk after removing your personal belongings.
All media materials are strictly for use in the library only, and must be viewed at the multimedia viewing section. If you are a lecturer and need to borrow the item out for a class please contact the Loans & Membership Services.