Answered By: Ming Guang Han Last Updated: Mar 10, 2017 Views: 32153
The discussion rooms in Central Library are situated at Level 6 - also known as CLB-06-01A, CLB-06-01B, etc
Each discussion room has a whiteboard (no projector but there are 2 powerpoints) and the size is such it can sit about 8 people comfortably.
The discussion rooms can only be booked by current NUS Staff and Students.
Here are instructions on how to reserve a discussion room from the NUS Library Portal:
- Please ensure that you are in campus and using NUS network to book the discussion rooms. If you are off-campus, please login into NUS nVPN first before booking the discussion room.
- Go to NUS Library homepage.
- Click on More Services For and select the user type:
- Click on the Book Discussion Room link
At the login screen, enter your NUSNET ID and Password
Select General Facility.
At the CHOOSE VENUE field, click on the drop down button.
Look for heading CLB-06-XX Discussion room 1, 2 ,etc. and click on the discussion room number of your choice.
At the CHOOSE field select the month using the drop down button.
Check the Calendar and click on the ORANGE dot for the date you want to make your booking.
At the FROM field, select the time you want to book (not more than 3 hours per booking). Note the opening and closing hours of Central Library and book the use of facilities within these hours.
At the PURPOSE field, enter a reason why you need to use the room.
Click the SUBMIT button once you have provided all the correct information.
Check the information and click OK after verifying the information.
Check the Calendar again. If your USER ID is on the Calendar for the date you booked, it means that your booking is successful.
Click on LOGOFF to sign out. Otherwise the next user will be booking under your name.
The discussion rooms in the Central Library are all unlocked, so all you need to do is to turn up at the discussion room at the date and time you booked the room for. If there are other students there, please ask them to vacate the room.
Guidelines on the use of discussion rooms
- Group of 2 or more students or staff who need to work together on a project.
Modes of Application
- Online via Facilities Booking or same-day walk-in request for unused rooms.
Terms & Conditions
- Users are required to book the room before use.
- At the confirmed booking start time, users can proceed to use the room booked. From 1 March 2010, room keys are no longer issued from Loans Desk 4. Users are to vacate the room for the next group, when the booked time period is up.
- Advanced booking (not more than one month) is allowed. The Library reserves the right to offer the rooms to users who have not made any previous bookings.
- Users who have booked a room will not be allowed to book any of the rooms again for the following 7 days.
- Each booking period is for a maximum of 3 hours at a time. Note the opening and closing hours of Central Library and book the use of facilities within these hours
- The library reserves the right to void a reservation if the room is not occupied by the person who has placed the request, within 10 minutes of the reservation time.
- Users must not move any furniture from or into the room.
- Users should not conduct their discussion activities in the room in a manner that disturbs other users of the library.
- Users must remove all trash or waste from the room when checking out.
- A user may not leave any personal belongings or un-borrowed library books in the room. The library is not responsible for the loss of such items.
- The Library maintains the right to access the room at all times, to conduct spot checks and/or maintenance and repairs.
- Any damage to furniture must be reported immediately to the Loans Desk.
- The main applicant must furnish the matriculation or membership numbers of the other users of the room.
- Please note that library staff may conduct spot checks and if any wrong information or the understating of the number of users, is found, the applicant and friends may be barred from applying again.
- Booking is not available during the University vacations.
- All rooms must be vacated half an hour before library closing time.
- Users are to approach staff at Loans Desk 4 for any further enquiries or where there are disputes on room bookings.
- No subletting
- No smoking, eating, drinking
- No sticking of personal materials onto the walls of the room
- Suspension or fines for misuse of the room
Management reserves the right to reassign the room to any group as they deem fit. We also reserve the right to modify or change these terms and conditions without prior notice. Library rules and regulations apply.
For clarification, please check with the Loans and Membership Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 6516-2016.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Electronic resources
- Citation Manager
- Media Materials
- Citation Analysis
- Open access
- Closed Stacks
- Research Data Management
- Exam papers
- Document Delivery