Answered By: Yuan Ye Last Updated: Sep 28, 2015 Views: 6534
Users should use either LINC or FindMore@NUSL to search for titles in the NUS Libraries' collection. Take note of the LOCATION, CALL # and STATUS for hardcopy books and journals. Typically the record looks for a hardcopy book or journal is as follows:
The LOCATION is usually made up of two components: Library and Collection, e.g. CL Books means item can be found in Central Library (CL) and in the books collection (Books). Below are some of the library codes we use:
- CH refers to Chinese Library - List of CH codes - Directions
- CL refers to Central Library - List of CL codes - Directions
- HSSML refers to Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library - List of HSSML codes - Directions
- LW refers to C J Koh Law Library - List of LW codes - Directions
- MD refers to Medical Library - List of MD codes - Directions
- MU refers to Music Library - List of MU codes - Directions
- SC refers to Science Library - List of SC codes - Directions
- NUSL Express@UTown refers to Automated book dispenser at UTown - List of codes - Directions
All Libraries above are NUS Libraries and accessible to all members of NUS Libraries including students, staff and alumni. Other libraries shown below may have restricted access.
Faculty/Departmental Libraries within NUS:
- EAI - East Asian Institute Library (For EAI Staff only.) If NUS Libraries does not have the item, please put in a recommendation for us to purchase item.
- SDE Information Resource Centre - Information Resource Centre (IRC) of the School of Design and Environment. Only meant for staff and students of SDE.
- YNCL - Yale-NUS College Library. The collection, including RBR, is available for loan to NUS staff and students. Reference items and Current Journals are for onsite browsing only.
Libraries affiliated to NUS:
- Brenner - Brenner Library (for A*STAR staff only). If NUS Libraries does not have the item, please put in a recommendation for us to purchase item. - Closed since Aug 2013
- NHS - NUS High School (For NUS High School staff & students only). If NUS Libraries does not have the item, please put in a recommendation for us to purchase item.
Below are some examples of Central Library codes.
|Location Codes for CL||Location of Collection in Central Library|
|CL Books||Book collection (Level 3)|
|CL Bound Journals||Bound Journal collection (Level 5)|
|CL Closed Stacks||Closed Stacks collection. To access please request online|
|CL Current Journals||Current Journal Section (Level 5) - USE IN LIBRARY ONLY|
|CL Multimedia (Loans Desk 2)||Fill out loan slip (available at library reception & information desks) and request item at Loans Desk 2 (Level 4)|
|CL Loans Desk 3||Request for accompanying disks/CDs by CALL # at Loans Desk 3|
(Loans Desk 2)
|Request by stack # at Loans Desk 2 and view in Microform viewing room|
|CL RBR (Loans Desk 1)||Self-service, find by CALL # at Loans Desk 1|
|CL Reference (PH Room)||Reference collection (Level 5) also known as Peggy Wai Chee Leong-Hochstadt Room (Level 5) - USE IN LIBRARY ONLY|
|CL Singapore-Malaysia||Singapore-Malaysia Collection (Level 5) - USE IN LIBRARY ONLY|
For CL Reference items, take note of the exact Reference Shelf e.g. CL Reference 8 (PH Room) , go to Peggy Wai Chee Leong-Hochstadt Room (PH Room) (Level 5), and go to the shelf labelled CL Reference 8 (PH Room). Then look for the item you need by the Call number.
For a complete guide see "Location codes"
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Electronic resources
- Citation Manager
- Media Materials
- Closed Stacks
- Exam papers
- Open access
- Document Delivery
Chat with us
For members of NUS Libraries only
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
Chat box too narrow? Click on the green arrow button on right to "pop up" the chat for an adjustable window at any time before or during chat!