Answered By: Andy Quek Last Updated: Jun 11, 2015 Views: 4000
To recommend a book for purchase instead see this.
If an article/paper in a journal/book/conference proceeding you need is not available in NUS Library’s collection, the Document Delivery Service (DDS) can obtain it for you. This is available only for Academic Staff and eligible Students (Graduate, Honours and Final Year students).
Please check if the item you need is held or accessible via NUS Libraries' collection first (See instructions for finding journal articles), before submitting the request.
The request forms to use for document delivery service are accessible via the Library portal.
If you are already logged into the portal, the form should already be listed under My Services (or click on More) if you are eligible for service.
If not to access these forms,
- Go to the NUS Libraries Portal.
- Click on the appropriate "Services For ..." link.
3. Under Document Delivery Services, select Purchase articles/ book chapters/conference papers not found in NUS Libraries. Please do not select "Document Delivery Service for staff from NUS-Affiliated National Research Institutes/Centers" unless you are from A*Star etc.
4. You will be usually prompted to login to the library portal.
5. Fill in the form with details of the item you are requesting. Source of citation refers to where you found the article, it could be from another database (name it), from a friend/supervisor/collegues or a reference at the end of another paper (name title of paper or book).
6. For academic staff, click Submit to send the request to the Library electronically
7. For student requests, enter your supervisor’s email address on the request form. On completing the form electronically, your supervisor will be informed of your request via email. If the request is not approved, the supervisor will inform you accordingly.
When the request is fulfilled. you will be informed via email when the item you request is available for download or collection.
For more information about eligibility for the service, copyright regulation, procedures, etc, go to: http://libportal.nus.edu.sg/frontend/web/document-delivery-service-dds
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Electronic resources
- Citation Manager
- Media Materials
- Closed Stacks
- Exam papers
- Open access
- Document Delivery
Chat with us
For members of NUS Libraries only
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
Chat box too narrow? Click on the green arrow button on right to "pop up" the chat for an adjustable window at any time before or during chat!