Answered By: Yuan Ye
Last Updated: Jun 11, 2015     Views: 4225

To transfer a book from one NUS library to another you will need to use the intralibrary loan service via eforms. This service is available only to graduate students & academic staff. Please note that this service can be used only for circulating books (this means RBR, reference material, special collections etc are excluded) and bound periodicals.

The request forms to use for intralibrary loan are accessible via the Library portal.

If you are already logged into the portal, the form should already be listed under My Services (or click on More) if you are eligible for service. 

If not to access these forms,

  1. Go to the NUS Libraries Portal.
  2. Click on the appropriate "Services For ..." link.




   3. Under Loans Services, select Intralibrary Loan.  

   4. You will be usually prompted to login to the library portal


You will be informed via email, when the item is available for collection at the library you selected. This will usually take about 1-2 working days depending on the time of the request.

Alternatively if you are supposed to have access to this service but can't access the online form, email details of the book you want transfered.


Related FAQs

    Related Library Guides

    Chat with us

    For members of NUS Libraries only
    Services hours
    Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm

    JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

    Chat box too narrow? Click on the green arrow button on right to "pop up" the chat for an adjustable window at any time before or during chat!