Answered By: Mak Jie Ying Last Updated: Dec 05, 2017 Views: 2710
Answered By: Mak Jie Ying
Last Updated: Dec 05, 2017 Views: 2710
- Go to the URL: http://libportal.nus.edu.sg/frontend/web/bookdiscussionroom.
- Follow the instructions accordingly for on-campus/off-campus access to the Facilities Booking System.
- Sign in with your NUSNET ID and password at the login page of the Facilities Booking System.
- Select “General facility”.
- In the dropdown menu next to “Choose venue”, select either
- S6-04-02 - Science Library Discussion Room 1
- S6-04-02A - Science Library Discussion Room 2, or
- S6-04-02B - Science Library Discussion Room 3
- A calendar view of the booked slots on specific dates is displayed. Look for your desired date and click to place a booking.
- Read the Terms and Conditions in the pop-up window and click "OK" at the bottom of the window when done.
- Fill in the required details to place your booking:
- “FROM” field: Specify the time that you wish to book (minimum: 1 hour, maximum: 2 hours). Please check the Library's opening hours before booking.
- “PURPOSE” field: Select the reason why you wish to book the room
- “No. of seats required” field: Enter the number of people who will be using the room (maximum capacity: 8)
- “Description” field: If the indicated purpose is associated with a specific module, state the module code
- Tick the box next to “I agree”. By choosing "I Agree", you acknowledge that you are bound by the Terms & Conditions.
- Verify that the given details are correct and click “Submit”.
- Check the calendar via “Calendar View” to ensure that your booking has been successfully made.
- Sign out of the system by clicking “Logout”.
- Each user can book, at most 3 days in advance, a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 2 hours per day for group use.
- Only NUS students and staff may book the discussion rooms. Please check the Library's opening hours before booking.
- Booking should be for a group of 4 or more NUS students or staff who need to work together on a project. The rooms must be used only for the purpose approved. Otherwise, the Library reserves the right to ask users to vacate the room if the demand for group use is high.
- The Library reserves the right to void a booking if the group fails to turn up within 15 minutes.
- The discussion room should be used solely for project discussions or presentation practices.
- Discussion activities in the room should not disturb other users in the Library.
- Smoking, eating, consumption of alcoholic drinks and gambling are prohibited in the rooms.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended in the rooms. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- Furniture should not be removed from or added to the room. Any damage of furniture in the room should be reported immediately to the Information Desk.
- The whiteboard should be cleaned and trash should be removed by users from the room upon checking out.
- The Library reserves the right to access the rooms for inspection at any times, and to withdraw the facilities from users and/or impose fines for any misuse of the room. We also reserve the right to modify or change these terms and conditions without prior notice. Library rules and regulations apply.
Please approach library staff at the Information Desk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Electronic resources
- Citation Manager
- Media Materials
- Citation Analysis
- Open access
- Closed Stacks
- Research Data Management
- Exam papers
- Document Delivery