Answered By: Ming Guang Han Last Updated: Jun 11, 2015 Views: 1777
Users should use either LINC or FindMore@NUSL to search for titles in the NUS Libraries' collection. Take note of the LOCATION, CALL # and STATUS for hardcopy books and journals. Typically the record looks for a hardcopy book or journal is as follows:
The LOCATION is usually made up of two components: Library and Collection, e.g. Central Library Books means item can be found in Central Library and in the books collection (Books). Below are some of the library codes we use:
- Chinese Library - List of CH codes - Directions
- Central Library - List of CL codes - Directions
- Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library - List of HSSML codes - Directions
- C J Koh Law Library - List of LW codes - Directions
- Medical Library - List of MD codes - Directions
- Music Library - List of MU codes - Directions
- Science Library - List of SC codes - Directions
- NUSL Express@UTown refers to Automated book dispenser at UTown - List of codes - Directions
All Libraries above are NUS Libraries and accessible to all members of NUS Libraries including students, staff and alumni. Other libraries shown below may have restricted access.
Faculty/Departmental Libraries within NUS:
- East Asian Institute Library (For EAI Staff only.) If NUS Libraries does not have the item, please put in a recommendation for us to purchase item.
- SDE Information Resource Centre - Information Resource Centre (IRC) of the School of Design and Environment. Only meant for staff and students of SDE.
- Yale-NUS College Library. The collection, including RBR, is available for loan to NUS staff and students. Reference items and Current Journals are for onsite browsing only.
Libraries affiliated to NUS:
- Brenner - Brenner Library (for A*STAR staff only). If NUS Libraries does not have the item, please put in a recommendation for us to purchase item. - Closed since Aug 2013
- NUS High School (For NUS High School staff & students only). If NUS Libraries does not have the item, please put in a recommendation for us to purchase item.
Below are some examples of Central Library codes.
|Location Codes for CL||Location of Collection in Central Library|
|Central Library Books||Book collection (Level 3)|
|Central Library Bound Journals||Bound Journal collection (Level 5)|
|Central Library Closed Stacks (Loans Desk)||Closed Stacks collection. To access please request online
|Central Library Closed Stacks (Use in Library)||Closed Stacks collection. To access please request online You can only use it in the library.
|Central Library Current Journals||Current Journal Section (Level 5) - USE IN LIBRARY ONLY|
|Central Library Multimedia (Loans Desk)||Fill out loan slip (available at library reception & information desks) and request item at Loans Desk 2 (Level 4)|
|Central Library Loans Desk||Request for accompanying disks/CDs by CALL # at Loans Desk 3|
|Central Library Microforms
|Request by stack # at Loans Desk 2 and view in Microform viewing room|
|Central Library RBR||Self-service, find by CALL # at Loans Desk 1|
|Central Library PH Room||Peggy Wai Chee Leong-Hochstadt Room (Level 5)|
|Central Library Singapore-Malaysia Collection||Singapore-Malaysia Collection (Level 5) - USE IN LIBRARY ONLY|
For a complete guide see "Location codes"
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Electronic resources
- Citation Manager
- Media Materials
- Citation Analysis
- Open access
- Closed Stacks
- Exam papers
- Research Data Management
- Document Delivery