Answered By: Thavamani Ratnasamy Last Updated: Jun 11, 2015 Views: 997
NUS staff and students will have to follow the procedure below to access the Self Service Media Collection at Central Libary :
1. Check the LINC+/LINC/FindMore@NUSL catalogue to find the Stack Number for the media item you are looking for.
2. Locate the self-service Self Service Media Collection by Loans Desk 1 (It's next to the RBR Collection). Leave your personal belongings in the locker and use the attached key to lock it before you proceed into the area.
3. Look for the item that you wish to loan in the Self Service Media Collection by Stack Number.
Media items without any color labels are documentaries. The other items in the collection are strictly for course use only. Students will have to fill in a pink slip (see the image below) with the Module/Course Code (ask from staff at the desk) when presenting the item for loan.Some of these restricted items may be classified according to the rating system defined by the Media Development Authority (MDA).
4. Take the item to the RBR Loans Desk. Queue to checkout the item.
5. The loan period is for 4 hours.
6. Proceed to view the item in the Media Viewing Section next to the collection. (You cannot bring it out of that area)
7. Return the item at the RBR Loans Desk.
8. Return locker key at the RBR Loans Desk after removing your personal belongings.
All media materials are strictly for use in the library only, and must be viewed at the multimedia viewing section. If you are a lecturer and need to borrow the item out for a class please use the following online form.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Electronic resources
- Citation Manager
- Media Materials
- Closed Stacks
- Exam papers
- Open access
- Document Delivery
Chat with us
For members of NUS Libraries only
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
Chat box too narrow? Click on the green arrow button on right to "pop up" the chat for an adjustable window at any time before or during chat!