Answered By: Ming Guang Han Last Updated: Nov 15, 2016 Views: 562
NUS Libraries is NOT a public library, so access is restricted to NUS staff and students. Visitors may use this online application form to request for an entry pass. Please give specific reasons for using any of the NUS Libraries for us to consider your request, and if applicable, to advise you of alternative libraries that are better suited for your information needs.
If you have questions not addressed in the online form or if you do face any difficulties in applying for an entry pass, please email us we will respond within 1 working day or call 6516 2028 during the library's office hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-6pm).
An Entry Pass gives you to access to the library to use the physical collections only. There is an annual limit of 7 days per calendar year. If you require longer access, please write in and/or consider the fee-payable Personal External Membership.
The Entry Pass Application Guidelines are as follows:
- The Entry Pass does not confer borrowing privileges
- Due to licensing agreement regulations, Entry Pass holders have NO access to the NUS Libraries' subscribed electronic resources
- Certain library facilities and materials, such as Reserve Books / Readings Collection (RBR), are for access by NUS staff and students only
- All users must observe the photocopying regulations as posted at all photocopying stations and are required to submit the declaration form before photocopying from unpublished theses
- This Entry Pass should be produced whenever library staff conducts membership status checks and when you request for Closed Stacks items
- NUS Libraries reserves the right to withdraw the Entry Pass when the Entry Pass holder is found to have infringed Library Rules
Please request for an Entry Pass only when you have established that the materials you require are not available elsewhere. For instance, the National Library Board (NLB) which provides public library services may also hold the materials you want. Check NLB's online catalogue at http://catalogue.nlb.gov.sg/ or enquire with NLB's Reference Point regarding your research topic or call 6332-3255.
Students from other local tertiary institutions:
Students from other local tertiary institutions such as NTU, SMU, SIT, SUTD may be granted access to NUS Libraries, however they are required to bring along their matriculation card and a letter of referral from their institution's Librarian. The letter of referral should indicate the reasons for accessing NUS Libraries and the dates the student will be using NUS Libraries.
Please email the letter of referral along with your request to use NUS Libraries to the Loans & Membership team.
Please note that there are materials which are only accessible to members with a valid membership card.
Visitors granted permission to use the library and wishes to access Wi-Fi or the Internet on their laptops should refer to this FAQ.
For NUS Alumni, you may access to NUS Libraries by showing your AlumNUS card and a photo ID. Please visit this FAQ for more information.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Citation Manager
- Research Impact
- Exam Papers
- Document Delivery
- Open access
- Research Data Management
- Library IT Related Issues
- Mobile Apps
- Scopus ID