Answered By: Loans & Membership Department Last Updated: Nov 11, 2020 Views: 11206
Please take note of the following loan rules relating to renewals:
1. Undergraduate, honours and graduate students are allowed 3 online renewals for Library materials.
2. From 5th July 2019, for Academic and Admin/Professional Staff members, books loaned from main shelves will be automatically renewed 2 days before the due date to save time of renewing online or at the libraries.
Additionally, an eligible item can be renewed up to 11 times.
Borrowers will receive an e-mail notice for items that are due, indicating whether an item is auto-renewed or required to be returned to the library. Alternatively they may log in myLINC to check the status of the borrowed items.
For books with existing renewal count on and before the implementation date 5 Jul 2019, the automatic renewal count will continue from the current count. For example, if your book has been renewed for 5 times as of 5 Jul 2019, the renewal will continue to its 6th renewal.
Manual online renewals can still be done before it reaches the total 11 times of renewal. In such scenarios, due date will be updated from the date the borrower manually renewed according to the loan entitlement.
The Library will consider extending the automatic renewal of library materials to all NUS staff and students at a later stage.
Borrowers are allowed 1 online renewal for bound journals kept in Closed Stacks via myLINC.
3. All other Members are allowed 2 online renewals for library materials (except Law Books but including most books kept in closed stacks) via myLINC.
4. Renewals will not be accepted on myLINC if:
* Item is on hold for another Member.
* Item is overdue and carries a fine.
* Item has exceeded number of renewals allowed.
* Item is a journal, RBR material or inter-library loan.
* Item has been recalled.
5. Renewals through the telephone will not be accepted.
6. Members must check myLINC to ensure that there are no holds on the item before re-borrowing the item at the Loans Desk of the library.
See Loan Rules - 2. Renewals for more details.
See Loan Entitlements for more details.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Exam Papers
- Open access
- Library IT Related Issues
- Research Impact
- Document Delivery
- Research Data Management
- Scopus ID
- Citation Manager