Answered By: Bissy Ithack Last Updated: Sep 17, 2019 Views: 1133
The discussion room in the C J Koh Law Library is located at Level 3. A projector, an LCD screen, whiteboard and power points are available in this room.
Here are instructions on how to reserve the discussion room from the NUS Library Portal:
- Please ensure that you are in campus and using NUS network to book the discussion rooms. If you are off-campus, please login into NUS nVPN first before booking the discussion room.
- Go to the NUS Library homepage.
- Select 'Facilities Booking' under Quick Links
4. Click on 'More Services For' and select the user type:
5. Click on the Book Discussion Room link
6. At the login screen, enter your NUSNET ID and Password
7. Select General Facility.
8. At the CHOOSE VENUE field, click on the drop down button.
9. Look for heading LIB-03-01F/G - C J Koh Law Library AV/Discussion Room and click on it.
10. At the CHOOSE field select the month using the drop down button.
11. Check the Calendar and click on the ORANGE dot for the date you want to make your booking.
12. At the FROM field, select the time you want to book (not more than 3 hours per booking).
13. At the PURPOSE field, enter a reason why you need to use the room.
14. Click the SUBMIT button once you have provided all the correct information.
15. Check the information and click OK after verifying the information.
16. Check the Calendar again. If your USER ID is on the Calendar for the date you booked, it means that your
booking is successful.
17. Click on LOGOFF to sign out. Otherwise, the next user will be booking under your name.
- Only Faculty of Law teaching staff and students are allowed to book the AV/ Discussion room
- Law teaching staff has first priority to the room
- Users of AV materials have priority over students who need the room for other approved purposes
- A group of 3 or more law students must be formed
- Approved purposes include use of discussion, presentations and work on projects.
Terms & conditions
- Booking must be done online, up to 30 days in advance. Rooms are not available for online booking during the long vacation
- Booking is in 2-hourly blocks
- At the confirmed booking start time, users can proceed to use the room. From Jan 2019, room keys are no longer issued from the Loans Desk. Users are to vacate the room for the next group when the booked time period is up.
- The room must be used only for the purposes approved
- The main applicant must furnish the matriculation numbers of the other users of the room
- Keep your belongings safe. The library will not be responsible for any loss or damage
- The library reserves the right to void a booking if the group fails to turn up within 15 minutes
- Discussion activities in the room should not disturb other users in the library
- All trash or waste must be removed from the room upon checking out
- The library reserves the right to access the rooms for inspection at any time and to withdraw the facilities from the users and/or impose fines any misuse of the room
- The room must be vacated half an hour before library closing time
- Library management reserves the right to modify or change these terms and conditions without prior notice. Library rules and regulations apply.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Electronic resources
- Citation Manager
- Media Materials
- Citation Analysis
- Open access
- Closed Stacks
- Research Data Management
- Exam papers
- Document Delivery