Answered By: Ming Guang Han Last Updated: Jul 15, 2019 Views: 968
The Press Clippings Collection is produced by the librarians at National university of Singapore as early as 1957. The scope of the collection covers newspaper articles on Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and ASEAN (as an entity) published in The Straits Times, The Sunday Times and The Business Times.
While you can search most of Straits Times online now, these press clippings help collocate print articles of the same topic/subject together.
Searching for Press Clipping Collection
Here are the steps to search for the Press Clipping Collection:
- Head to LINC to conduct your search
- If you are searching for English Press Clippings, search by title for "Press Clipping Collections"
- If you are searching ro Chinese Press Clippings, search by subject for "Newspapers cutting –Singapore"
- Request for it like a Closed Stack Item. Do note that you will not be able to bring the press clipping collection out of the library.
Press Clippings Collection - Subject Headings List
Press Clippings Collections are organised by Subject Headings. These subject headings have changed over the years since the 1950s.
To check what subject headings are used for the press clippings, refer to this list of subject headings.
If you are researching a personality, you may want to refer to our Personality files which include contents other than the newspapers. Please contact Information Services for more details on how to access these Personality files.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Citation Manager
- Research Impact
- Exam Papers
- Document Delivery
- Open access
- Research Data Management
- Library IT Related Issues
- Mobile Apps
- Scopus ID