Answered By: Ming Guang Han Last Updated: Jul 20, 2017 Views: 7213
NUS academic staff and graduate students who require books, not held by the NUS Libraries, for research or teaching purposes may request the Library to borrow them from other libraries via the interlibrary loan service.
Please note you do not have to check which library hold the item, the library staff will check on your behalf and choose the appropriate library to inter-library loan from.
If you are looking instead to transfer books from one NUS library to another NUS Library see intralibrary loan service.
If you are looking to request for articles that the library does not have access to, see Document Delivery Service.
If you are not from NUS, but are from a library that is eligible for interlibrary loan, please check with your librarian on the interlibrary loan process.
The request forms to use for interlibrary loan are accessible via the Library portal.
If you are already logged into the portal, the form should already be listed under My Services (or click on More) if you are eligible for service.
If not to access these forms,
- Go to the NUS Libraries Portal.
- Click on the appropriate "More Services For ..." link and select the correct user group
3. Under Loans Services, select Interlibrary Loan.
4. You will be usually prompted to login to the library portal.
5. Fill in the form with details of the item you are requesting.
6. Choose the library in which you want to pick up the item. Note that you will have to return the item at the same library.
When the request is fulfilled. you will be informed via email.
Note: The library that you choose to pick up the Interlibrary Loan item will be the same library you return it to. Items borrowed via Interlibrary loan have to be returned at the library you borrow it from.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Electronic resources
- Citation Manager
- Media Materials
- Citation Analysis
- Open access
- Closed Stacks
- Research Data Management
- Exam papers
- Document Delivery