Answered By: Loans & Membership Department Last Updated: Dec 22, 2021 Views: 25524
1. First find the book or item you are looking for by searching the catalogue-LINC You can also use the default FindMore tab, but that will include not just books but also results from journal articles, newspaper articles and more, unless you filter the results by selecting "Book/eBook" or "items in the library catalogue".
If you have a specific title in mind try following the guide here. If you are looking to browse, you can search for a relevant book and take note of the call number and browse books in that range.
2. If you have already searched the catalogue and are trying to figure out the status of the book (e.g. Available, Due DD/MM/YY) and/or location of the item (e.g. CL Books) see quick guides to item status and location codes. If a book is out, you can try to reserve an item. However, not all items can be reserved.
3. If you are a graduate student or academic/research staff you can also use the intra-library loan service to request that an item be transferred to another NUS Library to be collected at the desk.
4. Once you have obtained the item from the shelves (if main shelf item) you can check out the item at the loans desk with your matriculation card.
5. If you want to use the self-check machines, you will need both your matriculation card and your library pin.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Library IT Related Issues
- Exam Papers
- Open access
- Research Impact
- Document Delivery
- Research Data Management
- Scopus ID
- Citation Manager