Answered By: Ming Guang Han Last Updated: Feb 14, 2019 Views: 11536
The closed stacks is an area where we store old books, journals that are hardly used that is only accessible to library staff. Students and staff who wish to use items located in the closed stacks will have to request for the items online and they will be retrieved for you by the library staff.
How to Request for Closed Stacks items online:
1) Once you have done your searches and located the item (hardcopy book or journal) that you need, check to see if the location states that it is in the Closed Stacks and the status of the item is Request Item.
2) If so, click on the orange Request button located at the top.
4) A list of all the items (journal volumes or copies of books) is shown. Click on the item that you want to request. Click on REQUEST SELECTED ITEM at the end of the page.
To search for a specific volume, use EDIT on the browser menu bar to select FIND (ON THIS PAGE) and type the year or volume you want in the pop-up window FIND then click on NEXT.
Only one item can be selected at one time. To select another volume of the same journal:
Click on RETURN TO BROWSE and select another volume.
5) Once you have selected the item you want, click on REQUEST SELECTED ITEM at the end of the page.
6) If your request is successful, you get a message: Your request will be delivered to ... when it is available.
7) When the item is ready for collection you will be informed via your NUS/registered email. You must pick up the item from the Loans Desk within 5 (7 for external members) days or the item will be returned to the Closed Stacks. The email will indicate the location to pickup the item/s and the date when you will have to collect the item/s.
Note that the item requested from the closed stacks can only be collected at the library in which the item is located. For more information on where to collect the item and when the item is ready for collection after a request see this.
If you wish to transfer the item for pickup in another NUS Libraries (whether item is in closed stacks or currently out on loan), please do a intra-library loan instead.
For Alumnus and Visitors who wish to access closed stack items, please contact the Loans & Membership department or call 6515-2016 during office hours prior to coming to the library. Alternatively, you can also head to the loans desk located within any of the NUS library to seek assistance.
Related Library Guides
Browse by Popular Topics
- Electronic resources
- Citation Manager
- Media Materials
- Citation Analysis
- Open access
- Closed Stacks
- Research Data Management
- Exam papers
- Document Delivery